Effective Ayurvedic Beauty Tips For Glowing Skin
Between household chores, the daily commute to the office and back home, and the stress of walking on the tightrope called life, you hardly find time to pamper yourself.
Enter Ayurveda – the science (and art) of living inspired by nature’s essence. Ayurveda is not just about herbal remedies. It is a way of life. It is about embracing lifestyle habits that will turn you into the most beautiful version of you. Here are a few time-tested purifying habits listed by Ayurveda that you can include in your skin care routine.
1. Early To Bed And Early To Rise
Apart from making you healthy and wise, this practice protects your beauty. Having too many late nights and not getting enough sleep increases the number of inflammatory cells in your body that worsen and trigger skin issues, such as acne and dermatitis. Moreover, they make the skin hydration system go haywire, causing your skin to become dry and age quickly. You need to follow a proper routine to make your skin feel rejuvenated.
2. Do Not Mix Incompatible Foods
Food is medicine. But it can turn into poison when taken in the wrong combination. Avoid these incompatible food items to take care of your skin and health:
- Milk And Fruit: Yes. Even if you love your bowl of yogurt mixed with fruits, avoid it. Fruits are digested quickly, and milk takes time to digest. So, during the processing time, the fruit curdles the milk and creates acidity.
- Milk And Meat: Avoid consuming milk products (including desserts) if you have fish and meat. Fish heats up your body while milk cools it down. Combining these contrasting foods obstructs the vital body channels.
- Cold Drinks After A Meal: Avoid having iced or cold drinks after meals. This is because cold suppresses the digestive juices and causes stomach issues. This is also applicable for frozen yogurt and ice cream after (or before) meals.
- Ghee And Honey: Both produce opposite reactions in your body. While ghee cools down your body, honey heats it up, and this can cause imbalance.